Under the new interim policy passed by the Arizona Livestock Loss Board, a rancher can potentially be compensated up to a maximum of 50¢ per dollar lost to direct Mexican wolf depredations, but subject to the following additional restrictions:
- wolf depredation must have been confirmed by an authorized Arizona USDA-APHIS Field Representative
- a majority vote of the Arizona Livestock Loss Board must accept he Field Representative’s opinion
- the rancher must sign an affidavit that no other compensation was received from any other source for the depredation
- reimbursement may not exceed $2,500.00
- depredation must have occurred on or after September 1, 2015
Click below to read the full policy.